As Americans I think we take water for granted. We waste billions of gallons each year and we are the problem. Yes, the problem is us, Americans. Too selfish to care and not do the little things that other countries pay certain attention to in order to save water.
I studied the rain forest in Costa Rica this past summer and it was an eye opening experience. It taught me so much about how different America is to other countries. We have it so good here and we don’t even know it. Many countries are limited on their clean drinking water while Americans waste it like there’s a never-ending supply.
There are a bunch of tips on how to save water.
1. Take a Shower instead of bath "A bath can use up to 75 gallons of water," she says. "So showers are usually better as long as they are not really really long."
2. Only wash full loads of clothes
3. Make sure your toilet isn’t leaking
4. Don’t over water the lawn
5. Don’t use your toilet as a trash can
6. Turn off water when you’re shaving or brushing teeth
Compare America to other countries in water wasting ways
Wasting water for thrill